Perfect Game: The next big game is just around the corner, and it’s time to open up your fashion playbook. After all, game day isn’t just about the game. It’s about the fun, the food, the friends and family and, of course, the fashion! You have to decide if you’re going to wear a classic jersey yet again or switch up your look with cute clothing in your team’s colors. So whether you’re cheering on your favorite sports team from the field or hosting a game day celebration at home, we have all the tips on how to help you nail the perfect game day aesthetic. Now that’s a victory we can get behind.
- Touch of Tailoring — Fashion experts at InStyle know that there are plenty of ways to dress in a blazer that goes beyond your business casual look at the office. You can wear a blazer and tailored trousers in your team’s color during the big game. With fitted pants and an oversized blazer, you give off an effortlessly chic look that doesn’t seem too overdressed, either. Add on some subtle team logo accessories like cufflinks or pins on your blazer. It’ll be a spirited and sophisticated look for total confidence in your team that will have you saying “Ra ra ra!”
- Vintage Revival — Give a throwback to the days of vintage sportswear by incorporating baseball caps, sneakers and retro sports jerseys into your look. You can give it a modern twist by wearing these classic pieces with contemporary high-waisted jeans. A sleek pleated skirt can balance out the old-school charm with an updated flair.
- Elegant Athleisure — With your standard athleisure wear, it’s easy to get a very casual vibe going. To help dress up any athleisure look, wear cute shoes with a low heel to elevate your outfit. To turn up the elegance of your athleisure outfit, wear a form-fitting workout top underneath a tailored jacket. Complete the look with fitted joggers and fashion sneakers to achieve the perfect blend of sophistication and comfort.
- Accessorize It — When you have cute clothes for women on the big game day, you’ll want to accessorize the right way to turn your outfit into one that says you’re rooting for your team. Make a bold statement by accessorizing with a vibrant team-themed handbag. If your team’s mascot is a tiger or a horse, get accessories that feature tigers or horses. Wear sunglasses or shoes in your team’s colors. Any of these accessories can add a playful element to your look while showing off your team spirit.
5.Monochromatic Master — Wearing fall clothes is a great way to practice your monochromatic mastery. To get the monochromatic look, use your team’s primary color as the base.
Instead of wearing the exact same shade of dark green and fabric like cotton, try different hues like light green or throw in silk or corduroy. Add depth to your outfit by layering with different shades. Wearing diverse textures can help your outfit look more visually engaging as well.
6.Custom Couture — Level up your game-day look with custom-made pieces. Wear team colors or your team’s logo on a custom shirt or jacket. A tailored blazer or a bespoke dress can showcase your team’s emblem with classy subtlety.
7. Fashion-Forward Fan — Let high-fashion meet your everyday sports-inspired pieces. Bold graphic tees with your team’s logo or colors can be paired with luxe sneakers and designer skirts. You’ll demonstrate your prowess at seamlessly integrating sports fandom with fashion.
8. Get Edgy — Get a little edgy with your look by combining a leather jacket and distressed denim with team-themed accessories. Complete the look with combat boots to really embrace that edgy aesthetic. It’s the perfect game day look for anyone who wants to showcase their personality while still incorporating some sporty elements.
9. Fan Glam — You may not ever think of wearing a gown at the big game, but if you’re looking to turn heads and show off some haute couture, what better occasion than a game day? If you’re hosting a watch party for the game, have a party where everyone dresses up in black-tie attire in the team’s color palette. Accessorize with sparkly jewelry like a gold necklace and drop earrings for a red-carpet-worthy game day ensemble.
The final whistle may be ready to blow, but no matter what the score is you’ll be all set for game day. With the ultimate power duo of sports and style, your game day aesthetic will be unstoppable. Do your touchdown dance in your game day outfit so you can showcase your personal flair while celebrating your team’s win. From victory chants to high-fiving your fellow sports aficionados, your clothing is sure to help enhance the overall experience and excitement of the big game. After all, fashion knows no bounds, whether on or off the field!